The Harley Davidson Street Glide is an iconic motorcycle known for its timeless design and exhilarating performance. As a proud Street Glide owner, you're constantly seeking ways to personalize and upgrade your ride. One popular modification that significantly enhances both style and functionality is replacing the stock headlight with the powerful and visually striking Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight. In this blog post, we'll delve into the benefits of upgrading your Street Glide's headlight and guide you through the process.
Improved Visibility: The stock headlight on most motorcycles, including the Street Glide, often lacks the brightness needed for safe nighttime riding. With Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlights, you'll experience enhanced visibility and a wider beam pattern, allowing you to see further down the road and detect potential obstacles with ease. This is particularly beneficial when navigating poorly lit areas or during adverse weather conditions.
Stylish Design: Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlights are not only functional but also a visual upgrade. It features a sleek, modern design that seamlessly integrates with the aesthetics of your Harley Davidson Street Glide. The clean lines and bold presence of this headlight will undoubtedly turn heads wherever you ride.
Longevity and Durability: Constructed with high-quality materials, Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlights are built to last. Its robust construction ensures resistance against vibrations, shocks, and elements, making it ideal for long rides and adverse weather conditions. The durability of this headlight translates into peace of mind and less frequent replacements.
- Gather the necessary tools: To replace the stock headlight with one of Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlights, you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver. Additionally, it's always a good idea to have a clean cloth or towel nearby to avoid any scratches during the installation process.
- Disconnect the battery: Before starting any electrical work, it's essential to disconnect the battery to prevent accidental short circuits. Locate the battery compartment on your Street Glide, usually positioned under the seat, and carefully disconnect the negative terminal.
- Remove the screw on the bottom of the trim ring. Place the trim ring and hardware to the side.
- Remove the three screws from the retaining ring around the headlight. Place retaining ring and hardware to the side. 4. Gently pull out the original light. Disconnect the headlight from the motorcycle.
- If you have a 2013 or Older Touring Mode (Road King, Street Glide, Electra Glide etc), install the adapter ring (P/N 8700R. Sold separately).
- If you have a 2014 or newer motorcycle, check the wiring connection.
- If you have a 3 blade H4 connection, connect the headlight directly to the motorcycle.
- If it is a single plug “flat-four” connector, connect the single bulb adapter harness (P/N 69200897. Sold Separately) between the headlight and motorcycle wiring harness.
- If it has dual plug “dual prong” connectors, connect the dual bulb adapter harness (P/N 69200899. Sold Separately) between the headlight and the motorcycle wiring harness.
- Install the LED headlight in the headlight bracket and reinstall the retaining ring.
- Reinstall the beauty ring.
Upgrading the stock headlight on your Harley Davidson Street Glide to the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight offers an array of benefits, from improved visibility and enhanced safety to an added touch of style. The installation process, while relatively straightforward, should be performed with care and attention to detail. Take pride in customizing your Street Glide and enjoy the enhanced riding experience that comes with a superior headlight upgrade. Remember to always consult the manufacturer's instructions and seek professional assistance if needed. Safe riding!