The Harley Davidson Electra Glide is an iconic motorcycle renowned for its timeless design and exhilarating performance. As a proud Electra Glide owner, you're constantly seeking ways to personalize and upgrade your ride. One popular modification that can significantly enhance both style and functionality is replacing the stock headlight with the powerful and visually striking Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight. In this article, we will explore the benefits of upgrading your Electra Glide's headlight and guide you through the installation process.
Why Should You Upgrade?
The stock headlight on most motorcycles, including the Electra Glide, often lacks the brightness required for safe nighttime riding. By installing the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight, you'll enjoy enhanced visibility and a wider beam pattern. This allows you to see further down the road and easily detect potential obstacles, especially in poorly lit areas or during adverse weather conditions.
The Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight not only improves functionality but also provides a visual upgrade. With its sleek and modern design, this headlight seamlessly integrates with the aesthetics of your Harley Davidson Electra Glide. The clean lines and bold presence of the Eagle Lights headlight are sure to turn heads wherever your journey takes you.
Longevity and Durability:
Crafted with high-quality materials, the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight is built to last. Its robust construction ensures resistance against vibrations, shocks, and the elements, making it ideal for long rides and challenging weather conditions. The durability of this headlight translates into peace of mind and fewer replacement needs.
- Gather the necessary tools: To replace the stock headlight with the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight, you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver. Additionally, it's advisable to have a clean cloth or towel nearby to prevent any scratches during the installation process.
- Disconnect the battery: Prior to commencing any electrical work, it's crucial to disconnect the battery to prevent accidental short circuits. Locate the battery compartment on your Electra Glide, typically positioned under the seat, and carefully disconnect the negative terminal.
- Remove the bottom screw of the trim ring. Set aside the trim ring and hardware.
- Remove the three screws from the retaining ring around the headlight. Keep the retaining ring and hardware aside.
- Gently pull out the original light, disconnecting the headlight from the motorcycle.
- For 2013 or older Touring Models (Road King, Street Glide, Electra Glide, etc.), install the adapter ring (P/N 8700R, sold separately).
- For 2014 or newer motorcycles, check the wiring connection.
- If you have a 3-blade H4 connection, connect the headlight directly to the motorcycle.
- If it is a single plug "flat-four" connector, connect the single bulb adapter harness (P/N 69200897, sold separately) between the headlight and motorcycle wiring harness.
- If it has dual plug "dual prong" connectors, connect the dual bulb adapter harness (P/N 69200899, sold separately) between the headlight and the motorcycle wiring harness.
- Install the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight into the headlight bracket and reinstall the retaining ring.
- Reinstall the beauty ring.
Upgrading the stock headlight on your Harley Davidson Electra Glide to the Eagle Lights 7" LED Headlight offers an array of benefits, including improved visibility, enhanced safety, and added style. The installation process, although relatively straightforward, should be performed with care and attention to detail. Take pride in customizing your Electra Glide and enjoy the enhanced riding experience that comes with a superior headlight upgrade. Always consult the manufacturer's instructions and seek professional assistance if needed. Ride safely and enjoy the road ahead!